Monday 20 October 2014

A Lesson Learnt After Falling Ill

“A friend in need is a friend indeed”I've always known this quote as a cliche that I forever wanted to avoid. But today, being discharged from the hospital after four longest days, I can really feel the truth of these words weighing in on me. Being diagnosed with “severe iron deficiency anemia”, I needed blood transfusion (as well as scary process of investigations as to why Hemoglobin is so low). As known to everyone, if you take blood from the blood bank, you've got to give back. My dad, being diabetic and my mum an’ sis anemic, none of them could donate blood. I had no option other than sending out an SOS to all my contacts. But that day, I cried... I cried my heart out, for, the people I’d expected would reply with at least a “What happened? All fine?” did not.
Here I would like to mention Priya Dash, my bestest buddy who has always been there for me and whose parents offered to donate blood for me. She has been calling me every day since I took ill and although, she isn't physically present all the time, she never ever lets me feel the same.
I would also like to thank my teachers +Anees Ahmad sir and Pushpa chauhan ma’am who offered their full support and acted as pillars of strength, helping me to tide over earlier than it would have taken me.Also Rohini ma’am, +Gursimran Kaur ma’am and Bindoo Gupta ma’am were great sources of help who didn't forget that their student was in need of some light in her dark days.
Special mention to Afreen Khusru as well, who assured me that her Dad could help, if need be and offered her good wishes.Last but definitely not the least, thanks to Saba, Sara, Sana and Yashi, who despite being a bit late, called nevertheless to inquire and give their “Get Well Soon” message.
But yes, being ill taught me to never expect things from anyone and always be gratuitous to the ones who are “friends indeed”And yeah, this quote seems to fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment